Thursday, January 31, 2013

New York Rangers: Penguins Skate To Easy Victory Off Broadway

From the desk of:   RAISE GRESCH WITHTHE GREATS



NEW YORK RANGERS - Blueshirts Looked Lethargic Against Penguins.  The Power Play Was Worse.

Thursday evening I attended my first game of the year.  I sat in my new seats and looked through glass...!  My new seats in the renovated Garden have its pros and cons.  But aside from the view, I didn't like what I saw on the ice.   I sense this is going to be a long season.


I watched the Rangers skate minus their Captain, Ryan Callahan.  I watched the Penguins score on their first shot on goal of the game.  I watched Pittsburgh deflect another shot passed Henrik Lundqvist for their second goal.  I also painfully watched the Rangers clunk the post twice.  Those kind of things happen.  But on the other hand, the Rangers are committing an average of five penalties per game.  And I watched them go 0 for 4 on the power play against Pittsburgh.  For the season, they are 3 for 28 on the power play.  This is the stuff that happens repeatedly.


The Rangers were shut-out for the first time this season.  What's more, at no time did I see the Penguins overly exert themselves.  By comparison, the Rangers looked lethargic.


That's all I really care to say.  I'm tired.




Mike.BTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you feel. The worse comment you can make is the one you do not make.